Service unit websites compulsory content
These are the compulsory content pages for service unit websites. You may have other optional pages specific to your audience.
- single or multiple page(s) depending on your audience's needs
- embedded map showing your department's location, using UC's online google map system (contact email@example.com for map location and information updates)
- headings and information for location, postal address, phone and general enquiries
- additional information - headings and contact details specific to your department eg Email for general advice on:, Hours, Dates, First year student enquiries, Email us, Phone us, Visit us, Courier Address etc
- Single page - Communications and External Relations (CER) website
- Single page - Scholarships website
- Multi page - Enrol at UC website
News and Announcements/Features (right hand column, home page)
Note: There are some exceptions to including news, announcements etc. Mostly you should have at least one announcement (or similar) to tell your audience. Decided on a case by case basis.
- departments manually update this part and can choose the heading title (needs to fit within the right hand column)
- heading is usually bold text (can be a link) with or without 1 or 2 lines of additional text
- depending on your function more than one heading may be required (with guidance from the Web Team)
- some flexibility for layout (depending on a the users needs, with guidance from the Web Team)
- format for items:
International Orientation and Enrolment in person
Orientation is compulsory for all first year/new international
students. All international students must enrol in person.
Note: There are some exceptions to including a people page(s). Decided on a case by case basis.
- page or pages listing all staff in the department
- each person's information should include: a professional photo taken by the UC photographers (unless Manager approves no photo shown). Photos help students and staff identify someone
- name, role, room, phone number, extension, hours (if part time), email
- Usually no individual staff pages to link so name is bold only. Title can be bold or regular
- format for listing details:
Head of Department
Alice Candy, Room: 137
Phone: +64 3 3642 123 ext 1234