How to link to courses in the CIS
This guide explains the best options for creating URLs to courses in the Course Information System. Using this guide ensures the least amount of maintenance (little or no updating) year to year.
Note: Long URLs are unavoidable as they are generated from an application.
All administrators need to know
You also need to know how to do one or more of the following:
- Link to specific course code levels (100, 200, 300 etc)
- Link to specific teaching periods (semester 1, semester 2 etc)
- Link to multi-course code prefixes (where your school teaches more than one course code - known as org unit codes)
- Link to all courses taught by your department/school and sort by semester
- Link to all courses taught by your department/school and sort by subject
- Find course occurrence group urls