Strategic Planning links
The Ministry of Education website has an extensive tertiary section with resources for educators and students. It gives an excellent overview of the wider policy and legislative framework.
The Tertiary Statistics section of the Ministry of Education website has the fullest and most up-to-date data on formal tertiary education at public and private tertiary organisations in New Zealand.
The Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) website is the definitive source of information on the TEC, the funds it administers and the training support it offers.
The Tertiary Advisory Monitoring Unit (TAMU) of the Ministry of Education was established in early 1998. It is responsible for managing the Government's ownership interest in the thirty-three public tertiary education institutions designated as Crown entities. It also has responsibility for the ownership monitoring of four central Crown education agencies (New Zealand Qualifications Authority, Tertiary Education Commission, the New Zealand Teachers Council, and Career Services).
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) website provides a definitive 'who's-who' of tertiary education in New Zealand.
The NZQA's 'Find Education Organisations' resource offers information on every registered provider in New Zealand.
The KiwiQuals website is the definitive source of information about qualifications in New Zealand. It includes every qualification of 40 credits or above approved by a recognised body and delivered by an accredited education or training organisation in New Zealand.
The Foundation for Research, Science & Technology website has information on research in New Zealand.
People working in tertiary education also have the specialist STEO (Services for Tertiary Education Organisations) website, with technical information on funding and enrolment systems.
The flourishing e-learning community have their own portal, eLearn, which is a lively source of e-learning and professional development information.
Universities New Zealand - Te Pōkai Tara (formerly NZ Vice Chancellor's Committee) was established by the Universities Act 1961 which replaced the federal University of New Zealand with separate institutions. Today the Committee represents the interests of New Zealand's eight universities; Auckland, Auckland University of Technology, Waikato, Massey, Victoria, Canterbury, Lincoln and Otago.
The New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit website has three primary functions: (1) to provide information about audit processes, the current cycle, and good practice (2) to introduce the Unit and its history, and New Zealand's approach to academic audit in Universities and (3) to provide access to reports and other public documents.
The University of Queensland (Reportal) offers a range of official statistical reports for the University are available to students, staff and the wider community through the Corporate Reportal. These reports are based largely on data submitted to the Commonwealth Department of Employment, Education and Training (DEST).
Yearly tables showing student enrolment head counts, student load, awards, staff, finance and research are available for each year from 1996 onwards. Some trend and historical tables showing data for years prior to 1996 are also available.
Other University Planning Units
- Planning and Institutional Improvement,
Purdue University, Indiana, USA
- Melbourne University (Accountability statement)
- Australian National University Statistical Services
- University of British Columbia, Canada, Planning and Institutional Research Office
- Simon Fraser University, Canada, Institutional Research and Planning
- University of Victoria, BC, Canada, Institutional Planning and Analysis
- Brandon University, Canada, Fact Books
- Brock University, Canada, Office of Institutional Analysis
- Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, Office of Institutional Analysis
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, Centre for Institutional Analysis and Planning
- University of Alberta, Canada, Information Development Office
- University of Alberta, Canada, Strategic Analysis Office
- University of Manitoba, Canada,
Office of Institutional Analysis
- University of Ottawa, Canada,
Institutional Research and Planning
- University of Regina, Canada,
Office of Resource Planning
- University of Toronto, Canada, Facts and figures
- York University, Canada, Fact Book