LACE Participant (Language and Cultural Exchange)
LACE Participants engage with people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds in mutual language and/or cultural learning. Students apply to participate based on their language and culture of interest and are matched accordingly where possible. The programme is open to all UC students.
Hours involved in the activity
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 1 learning and development outcome.
Student Care Advisor
Puaka-James Hight Rm 214H
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - LACE Participants improve their communicative competence and confidence and develop the level of sensitivity required when communicating with diverse groups of people.
- B3 - Leadership - LACE Participants help organise and run events to promote cultural and language exchange.
- B4 - Learning - LACE Participants develop competence, confidence and sensitivity through their interactions with diverse groups of people.
- B7 - Self-management - LACE Participants have good self-management and organisational skills to balance the demands of their studies and co-curricular activities.
- B8 - Teamwork - LACE Participants engage with others at cultural activities and festivals organised through UC and external community groups.
- C4 - Learning- LACE Participants improve their communicative competence and confidence and develop the level of sensitivity required when communicating with diverse groups of people.
- C7 - Self-management - LACE Participants have good self-management and organisational skills to balance the demands of their studies and co-curricular activities.
- D1 - Communication - LACE Participants engage with a range of cultures through the programme and develop global connections.
- D3 - Leadership - LACE Participants help organise and run events to promote cultural awareness and language acquisition.
- D4 - Learning- LACE Participants develop skills and knowledge associated with different cultural value paradigms.
- D6 - Problem solving - LACE Participants develop new skills and attitudes associated with different cultural paradigms to maximise their learning and communication opportunities.
- D7 - Self-management - LACE Participants develop sensitivity to other cultures by reflecting on their own attitudes and behaviours.
- D8 - Teamwork - LACE Participants learn and develop skills in their partnership with a student from another culture.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit