Social indoor cricket competition
- 6 players/side
- A minimum of 5 players must start the game, the 6th player must be on court within 5 minutes of game time.
- Teams may register an unlimited number of players, only registered players are permitted to participate.
- Games consist of one innings of 12 overs per team.
- Maximum playing time is 55 minutes per game.
- If a team is bowling at an unreasonably slow rate a penalty may be imposed.
- Teams must be ready before the start of their game.
- All runs completed between creases are awarded, PLUS bonus runs as follows
- 6 runs - ball striking the end wall on full or deflection from fielders hand before continuing to end wall (Note this cannot be caught for a dismissal but can be run out)
- 4 runs - side wall on full, past halfway OR end wall along ground (after deflection from hand or side wall)
- 2 runs - side wall past half way (on ground)
- 1 run - side wall (on ground) in half of receiving batsmen.
- Maximum of 2 overs to be bowled per player.
- Wides and no balls must be re-bowled during the last over of an innings only. The 2 runs are also credited to the team score.
- Wides and no balls = 2 runs.
No balls are as follows:
- Over stepping the bowling mark
- Deliveries bouncing more than once
- Illegal fielding formation
- Ball not landing on mat
- All outs deduct 5 runs off batter score.
- Ball automatically dead when returned to bowler after an out. All runs within that play are lost.
Methods of Dismissal:
- Played on
- Caught, or caught off wall (below out of bounds).
- Run out
- Ball hitting on full – lights or light fitting, woodwork above concrete, Mezzanine floor (blue netting)
- No LBW
- The fielding side must have 3 players in front of the halfway line for every ball bowled.
- Tuesday afternoons, 1-4pm
- Breaks for University holidays
- Draws and other information about the competition will be posted and on UC Sport Competitions Facebook Page, and emailed to Team managers