Research Group Summary
A partnership approach to training students by the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) and the School of Biological Sciences, UC, lead to the formation of the Centre of Excellence in Aquaculture and Marine Ecology (CEAME).
The objectives of CEAME:
- promote and enhance excellence in aquaculture and marine ecological research
- attract the best students nationally and internationally
- train students at the postgraduate level by sharing and using the joint expertise of university and NIWA personnel
- attract funding to support student training and research
- provide opportunities for students to do research with NIWA scientists in established and new programmes
- increase collaborative linkages between NIWA and the university.