A major strength of Psychology at UC is the balanced and comprehensive set of highly regarded courses available. We also offer excellent postgraduate opportunities in Experimental Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Industrial and Organisational Psychology.
We encourage students to:
- Think independently and critically about psychological issues
- Become acquainted with the substantive findings, concepts and methodology of the discipline
- Learn how to distinguish genuine findings from implausible and suspect claims
- To understand modern scientific research in psychology.
Psychology is one of a small number of subjects in which you can complete majoring requirements for both BSc and BA degrees.
- See the full list of taught courses in Psychology
- See the full list of Applied Psychology (APSY) courses (Industrial & Organisational)
UC administers a range of undergraduate scholarships through the Scholarships database.
Our graduates develop a valuable set of skills that are transferable to a range of careers, including:
- Knowledge of human development, personality, and social relationships, as well as perception, cognition, intelligence, and learning
- Understanding how behaviour problems develop and options for treatment of personal and interpersonal difficulties
- Comprehending the personal and social factors involved in achieving and maintaining mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Designing and conducting research
- Finding information from a range of sources and critically evaluating the information found
- Problem solving
- Oral and written communication
- Co-operation, teamwork and leadership
- Statistical and computer competencies
Psychology graduates have found jobs in local and central government, health, industry, commerce, correction services, rehabilitation services, social service agencies, education, further and higher education institutions, charitable, counselling and voluntary organisations. Postgraduate study opens opportunities for professional work, including working as a Registered Psychologist, and can also lead to an academic career pathway in teaching and research.
There are a range of postgraduate options for students with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) and Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science and Postgraduate Diploma in Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology (APSY)
- Master of Science
- Master of Arts
- PhD in Psychology
- See the full list of 400-level courses in Psychology
- See the full list of 600-level courses in Psychology
Find out more
See our Postgraduate webpage for more information.
For more information, get in touch with our
Learn from our students' experiences
'The stunning support provided by DRS has allowed me to continue pursuing dreams in an institution where I can achieve them…'
'The MBM programme was the perfect opportunity for me to become more appealing in the workforce...'
'I look back and feel proud of my achievements but I’m still motivated to learn more...'
"I never imagined that as an undergraduate in a practical, performance-based course I would be able to study a completely research-based master’s."
'I have a strong desire to do meaningful work, and to make a difference in people's lives...'
'The thing I enjoy the most is seeing that snapshot of life, on a sub-nanometre scale...'
'The Centre for Entrepreneurship have been excellent aids in developing my company...'
'Applied Psychology is a great way to combine both economics and psychology, and to be able to leave university with a definite career path...'
'The courses on offer at UC are extremely diverse and allow for students to research whatever niche they’re into...'
'I wanted to further my career to a non-clinical role and Health Sciences seemed to be the perfect fit...'
'I love being able to meet different people and learn their unique stories and share them with the rest of the world...'