Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Bradley HA., Rucklidge JJ. and Mulder RT. (2017) A systematic review of trial registration and selective outcome reporting in psychotherapy randomized controlled trials. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 135(1): 65-77. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/acps.12647.
- Mulder RT., Murray G. and Rucklidge JJ. (2017) The common versus specific factors debate: Opening the black box of psychotherapy. Lancet Psychiatry http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(17)30100-1.
- Retallick-Brown H., Rucklidge JJ. and Blampied N. (2017) Study protocol for a randomised double blind, treatment control trial comparing the efficacy of a micronutrient formula to a single vitamin supplement in the treatment of premenstrual syndrome. Medicines 3(32) http://www.mdpi.com/2305-6320/3/4/32.
- Romijn AR., Rucklidge JJ., Kuijer RG. and Frampton C. (2017) A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of Lactobacillus helveticus and Bifidobacterium longum for the symptoms of depression. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 51(8): 810-821. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0004867416686694.
- Romijn AR., Rucklidge JJ., Kuijer RG. and Frampton C. (2017) A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of Lactobacillus helveticus and Bifidobacterium longum for the symptoms of depression.. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry : 4867416686694. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0004867416686694.