Stable isotope geochemistry and biogeochemistry, interactions among the different spheres of the earth system, and relationships among tectonic, topographic, and climatic processes and conditions. Source and transport of fluids in active orogens and volcanic centers. Geochemical and biogeochemical proxies for climate change in the southern hemisphere on a variety of spatial and temporal scales. Geochemical tracing and quality assessment of water resources. Biogeochemical evaluation of foodweb structure including nutrient and trace element transport paths in exotic ecosystems. Paleotopographic investigation of mountain belts and plateaus.
- Eisert, R., Pinkerton, M., Lyver, P., Horton, T., Visser, I., Currey, R. and Sharp, B. (2015) The importance of top predators as sentinels of the Ross Sea ecosystem. Christchurch, New Zealand: Annual Antarctic Conference, 29/6/2015.
- Hanson, MC., Oze, C. and Horton, TW. (2013) Identifying geothermal activity in low CO2 flux geothermal systems. Geological Societry of America Annual Conference, 27/10/2013. 45
- Oze, C., Cox, TL. and Horton, TW. (2013) Ancient high temperature microbial activity in the Berlins Porphyry, New Zealand. Geological Society of America Annual Conference, 27/10/2013. In Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs 45(7).
- Gravley, D., Cole, J., Deering, C., Hampton, S., Horton, T., Kennedy, B., Oze, C., Powell, T. and Villeneuve, M. (2012) Source to surface geothermal research programme: University of Canterbury and Mighty River Power Ltd. New Zealand GeoSciences Annual Conference (GSNZ), 25/11/2012. In Geoscience Society of New Zealand Miscellaneous Publication 134A
- Kennedy, B., Bloomberg, S., Rissmann, C., Horton, T., Mazot, A., Gravley, D. and Oze, C. (2012) Soil gas exploration at Rotokawa geothermal field, New Zealand. Goldschmidt 2012, 24/6/2012.