Qualifications & Memberships
There are three main strands to my research1) Carbonate sedimentology and diagenesis, relationships of authigenic minerals to oceanography and biogenic activity, and the resource potential of New Zealand glauconite minerals. New Zealand geological development in the Cenozoic through carbonate sedimentology, palaeography and sequence stratigraphy. 2) The response of estuarine environments to coseismic events and the potential record of palaeoseismic activity in estuarine sediments, and their record of human influence and pollutants. 3) The palaeoecology and biogeography of Permian biotas of New Zealand and Australia, and the response of these faunas to the end of the Late Palaeoizoic Ice Age. Systematics and palaeoenvironmental applications of late Palaeozoic bryozoans of Australia and New Zealand. Growth in Palaeozoic bryozoans and their response to variation in water temperature and alkalinity.
- Quigley MC., Hughes MW., Bradley BA., van Ballegooy S., Reid C., Morgenroth J., Horton T., Duffy B. and Pettinga JR. (2016) The 2010-2011 Canterbury Earthquake Sequence: Environmental effects, seismic triggering thresholds and geologic legacy. Tectonophysics 672-673: 228-274. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tecto.2016.01.044.
- Hayward BW., Sabaa AT., Figueira B., Reid CM. and Nomura R. (2015) Foraminiferal record of the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquake sequence, New Zealand, and possible predecessors. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 438: 213-225. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.palaeo.2015.07.050.
- (2014) Erratum: (New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics (2014) 57: 2 (270)). New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics 57(2): 270-270. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2014.902010.
- Riordan NK., Reid CM., Bassett KN. and Bradshaw JD. (2014) Reconsidering basin geometries of the West Coast: the influence of the Paparoa Core Complex on Oligocene Rift Systems. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics 57(2): 170-184. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2014.904386.
- Thompson NK., Bassett KN. and Reid CM. (2014) The effect of volcanism on cool-water carbonate facies during maximum inundation of Zealandia in the Waitaki-Oamaru region. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics 57(2): 149-169. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2014.904385.