Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include cochlear electrophysiology, the electrophysiological measurement of hearing (including intraoperative monitoring), measurement of speech perception, and the development of novel audiological instrumentation.
- McAuliffe MJ., Fletcher AR., Kerr SE., O'Beirne GA. and Anderson T. (2017) Effect of Dysarthria Type, Speaking Condition, and Listener Age on Speech Intelligibility. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2016_AJSLP-15-0182.
- Babbage MB., O'Beirne GA. and Bird PA. (2016) Distinguishing between conductive and sensorineural extended high frequency hearing loss following middle ear surgery. Hotel Theresa in Zell im Zillertal, Austria: 17th International Symposium & Workshops on Inner Ear Medicine & Surgery, 12-19 Mar 2016
- Bird P., Babbage MJ. and O'Beirne GA. (2016) Distinguishing Between Conductive and Sensorineural Hearing Loss Following Middle Ear Surgery. Edinburgh, UK: 10th International Conference on Cholesteotoma and Ear Surgery, 5-8 Jun 2016. In The Journal of laryngology and otology. Supplement 130(S3): S157.
- Hornibrook J., Bird P., Flook E. and O'Beirne GA. (2016) Letters to the Editor. American Journal of Otology -New York- 37(10): 1677-1678. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/mao.0000000000001206.
- Johnson SA., O'Beirne GA., Lin E., Gourley J. and Hornibrook J. (2016) oVEMPs and cVEMPs in Patients with "clinically certain" Ménière’s Disease. Hotel Theresa in Zell im Zillertal, Austria: 17th International Symposium & Workshops on Inner Ear Medicine & Surgery, 12-19 Mar 2016