Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal & woody plants, molecular biology and genetic engineering of plants, applied plant physiology and plant biotechnology, and seed physiology and biochemistry. Specific interests include: tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal and endangered N.Z. native plants; heavy metal detoxification in plants; phytoremediation potential of herbs and N.Z. plants; biochemistry of seeds and bulbs (corms and tubers) of ornamental plants; hydrolytic enzymes from plants and microbes; enzyme inhibitors from plants.
- Leung DWM. (Ed.) (2013) Recent Advances Towards Improved Phytoremediation of Heavy Metal Pollution. Dubai: Bentham Sciences Publishers. 150. http://dx.doi.org/10.2174/97816080578701130101.
- Leung D. (2017) Potential of plant tissue culture research contributing to combating arsenic pollution. In Gupta DK; Chatterjee S (Ed.), Arsenic Contamination in the Environment The Issues and Solutions: 187-194.Springer International. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54356-7_9 |.
- Leung DWM. (2015) Regulatory role of nitric oxide in alterations of morphological features of plants under abiotic stress. Nitric Oxide Action in Abiotic Stress Responses in Plants: 65-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17804-2_4.
- Leung DWM. (2015) Relationship between changes in contents of nitric oxide and amino acids particularly proline in plants under abiotic stress. Reactive Oxygen Species and Oxidative Damage in Plants Under Stress: 341-352. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20421-5_14.
- Leung DWM. (2013) Expression of genes associated with accumulation of storage reserves during maturation of somatic embryos. In Aslam J; Srivastava PS; Sharma MP (Ed.), Somatic Embryogenesis and Gene Expression: 166-171. New Delhi: Narosa Publishing House.