Stable isotope geochemistry and biogeochemistry, interactions among the different spheres of the earth system, and relationships among tectonic, topographic, and climatic processes and conditions. Source and transport of fluids in active orogens and volcanic centers. Geochemical and biogeochemical proxies for climate change in the southern hemisphere on a variety of spatial and temporal scales. Geochemical tracing and quality assessment of water resources. Biogeochemical evaluation of foodweb structure including nutrient and trace element transport paths in exotic ecosystems. Paleotopographic investigation of mountain belts and plateaus.
- Appleby JR., Brook MS., Horton TW., Fuller IC., Holt KA. and Quincey DJ. (2017) Stable isotope (δD–δ18O) relationships of ice facies and glaciological structures within the mid-latitude maritime Fox Glacier, New Zealand. Annals of Glaciology : 1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/aog.2017.11.
- Cox TL., Oze C. and Horton TW. (2017) Iron concretions within a highly altered unit of the Berlins Porphyry, New Zealand: an abiotic or biotic story? Mineralogy and Petrology 111(2): 173-181. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00710-016-0469-8.
- Griffin S., Horton TW. and Oze C. (2017) Origin of warm springs in Banks Peninsula, New Zealand. Applied Geochemistry 86: 1-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeochem.2017.09.013.
- Hawke DJ., Cranney OR., Horton TW., Bury SJ., Brown JCS. and Holdaway RN. (2017) Foliar and soil N and δ15N as restoration metrics at Pūtaringamotu Riccarton Bush, Christchurch city. Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand 47(4): 319-335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03036758.2017.1281319.
- Horton TW., Hauser N., Zerbini AN., Francis MP., Domeier ML., Andriolo A., Costa DP., Robinson PW., Duffy CAJ. and Nasby-Lucas N. (2017) Route fidelity during marine megafauna migration. Frontiers in Marine Science 4(DEC) http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2017.00422.