Martin joined the Psychology department early in 2009. He had for the seven years prior to that been in Belfast, Northern Ireland, where he completed his Clinical Psychology training. He has an empirical and clinical interest in complex traumatic stress and dissociative disorders. He is also interested in process-oriented psychotherapy and the integration of therapy models.
- McKeogh K., Dorahy MJ. and Yogeeswaran K. (2018) The activation of shame following dissociation in the context of relationships: A vignette study. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry 59: 48-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbtep.2017.11.001.
- Achterhof R., Dorahy MJ., Rowlands A., Renouf C., Britt E. and Carter JD. (2017) Predictors of Posttraumatic Growth 10-12 months After a Fatal Earthquake. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/tra0000286.
- Dorahy MJ. (2017) Shame as a compromise for humiliation and rage in the internal representation of abuse by loved ones: Processes, motivations, and the role of dissociation. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation 18(3): 383-396. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15299732.2017.1295422.
- Dorahy MJ. (2017) Using the past to fertilize but not determine the future: Reflections on dissociation in the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation 18(1): 1-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15299732.2016.1213779.
- Dorahy MJ., Corry M., Black R., Matheson L., Coles H., Curran D., Seager L., Middleton W. and Dyer KFW. (2017) Shame, Dissociation, and Complex PTSD Symptoms in Traumatized Psychiatric and Control Groups: Direct and Indirect Associations With Relationship Distress. Journal of Clinical Psychology 73(4): 439-448. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jclp.22339.