Jacki joined the department as lecturer in Developmental Psychology in 2013 and was awarded a Health Research Council Emerging Research award in 2014, and the Health Research Council Celebrating Excellence in Research Award in 2016.Jacki is accepting invitations of interest from postgraduate students interested in working with her on the Canterbury Methadone In Pregnancy Study adolescent follow-up in her Developmental lab while studying towards a Masters or PhD in Psychology. Jacki is also welcoming interest in her Developmental Sleep programme working with her on a range of topics Families and infant sleep: the development of sleep self-regulation, attachment and temperament. The student will work in collaboration with another developmental study being conducted in the Department of Psychology. Other projects available also include sleep in older people; technology, psychological well-being and sleep across the lifespan; and management of infant and adolescent sleep problems.
- Britt E., Macfarlane AH., Macfarlane SL., Naswall K. and Henderson J. (2017) Growing a Culturally Responsive Tertiary Programme in Psychology. Australian Journal of Indigenous Education : 13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/jie.2017.35.
- Henderson JM., Laird M., Woodward LJ., Davie-Gray A. and Bora S. (2017) Self-Regulation in Young Children Born to Opioid Dependent Mothers. Austin, Texas, USA: Society for Research in Child Development, 6-8 Apr 2017
- Latu LVL., Brown JA. and Henderson J. (2017) Family structure and academic achievements of high school students in Tonga. Auckland: Joint Meeting of 10th Asian Regional Section (ARS) of the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC) and the NZ Statistical Association (NZSA), 10 Dec-14 Oct 2017
- Lee SJ. and Henderson JM. (2017) Educational Achievement at Age 9.5 Years in Children Born to Methadone-Maintained Mothers. Calgary, Canada: The 22nd International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions World Congress and the 36th Annual Conference for the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 18 Sep-22 Oct 2016
- Lee SJ. and Henderson JM. (2017) Educational Delay among School-Age Children Born to Opioid Dependent Mothers.. Wellington, New Zealand: 13th Annual Scientific Meeting, Perinatal Society of New Zealand, 14-14 Jun 2017