Qualifications & Awards
My research has been focusing on improving the usability of pedestrian navigation systems, developing context-sensitive means for interaction with geographic information and implementing sound methods and techniques to assess this interaction. For that purpose, I have evaluated current qualitative research methodologies for field-based usability testing of mobile (geo) applications and have implemented my own unique approach.I have also done research on immersive virtual environments (IVEs) to accommodate user interactions with location-based systems inside the lab.
- Goodhue P. and Delikostidis I. (2017) Crowdsourcing Geographic Information with Free and Open-source Software – a technical overview. Christchurch: NZ Geospatial Research Conference 2017, 4-5 Dec 2017
- Goodhue P. and Delikostidis I. (2017) Modelling Information Quality and Source Reliability to Improve the Trust Of Volunteered Geographic Information. Washignton DC, USA: International Symposium on Location-based Social Media Data and Tracking Data, 1-2 Jul 2017. In Proceedings of International Symposium on Location-based Social Media Data and Tracking Data
- Saputra A., Rahardianto T., Revindo MD., Delikostidis I., Hadmoko DS., Sartohadi J. and Gomez C. (2017) Seismic vulnerability assessment of residential buildings using logistic regression and geographic information system (GIS) in Pleret Sub District (Yogyakarta, Indonesia). Geoenvironmental Disasters 4(11): 33. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40677-017-0075-z.
- Delikostidis I., van Elzakker CPJM. and Kraak M-J. (2016) Overcoming challenges in developing more usable pedestrian navigation systems. Cartography and Geographic Information Science 43(3): 189-207. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15230406.2015.1031180.
- Hartato E., Delikostidis I. and De Roiste. (2016) Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) for Disaster Management (DM): A Case Study for Floods in Jakarta. Wellington, New Zealand: GeoCart'2016, 31 Aug-2 Sep 2016. In Proceedings of 8th National Cartographic Conference, GeoCart'2016: 1-5. http://geocart.cartography.org.nz/ 2016/downloads/ abstracts/2016-021_hartato-delikostidis-deroiste.pdf.