My research focusses on mammals, including feral and invasive species, and explores the role of the individual in ecology. As such, my research spans physiological, behavioural and population ecology, with themes that are particularly relevant to management and conservation biology.
- Cameron EZ., Edwards AM. and Parsley LM. (2017) Developmental sexual dimorphism and the evolution of mechanisms for adjustment of sex ratios in mammals. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1389(1): 147-163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nyas.13288.
- Dalerum F., de Vries JL., Pirk CWW. and Cameron EZ. (2017) Spatial and temporal dimensions to the taxonomic diversity of arthropods in an arid grassland savannah. Journal of Arid Environments 144: 21-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaridenv.2017.04.002.
- Edwards AM. and Cameron EZ. (2017) Cryptic male choice: experimental evidence of sperm sex ratio and seminal fluid adjustment in relation to coital rate. Reproduction, Fertility and Development 29: 1401-1404.
- Parsons MH., Apfelbach R., Banks PB., Cameron EZ., Dickman CR., Frank ASK., Jones ME., Mcgregor IS., Mclean S. and Müller-Schwarze D. (2017) Biologically meaningful scents: A framework for understanding predator-prey research across disciplines. Biological Reviews http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/brv.12334.
- Périquet S., Richardson P., Cameron EZ., Ganswindt A., Belton L., Loubser E. and Dalerum F. (2017) Effects of lions on behaviour and endocrine stress in plains zebras. Ethology 123(9): 667-674. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/eth.12638.