Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal & woody plants, molecular biology and genetic engineering of plants, applied plant physiology and plant biotechnology, and seed physiology and biochemistry. Specific interests include: tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal and endangered N.Z. native plants; heavy metal detoxification in plants; phytoremediation potential of herbs and N.Z. plants; biochemistry of seeds and bulbs (corms and tubers) of ornamental plants; hydrolytic enzymes from plants and microbes; enzyme inhibitors from plants.
- Leung DWM. (Ed.) (2013) Recent Advances Towards Improved Phytoremediation of Heavy Metal Pollution. Dubai: Bentham Sciences Publishers. 150. http://dx.doi.org/10.2174/97816080578701130101.
- Leung D. (2017) Potential of plant tissue culture research contributing to combating arsenic pollution. In Gupta DK; Chatterjee S (Ed.), Arsenic Contamination in the Environment The Issues and Solutions: 187-194.Springer International. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54356-7_9.
- Leung DWM. (2015) Regulatory role of nitric oxide in alterations of morphological features of plants under abiotic stress. In Khan MN; Mobin M; Mohammad F; Corpas FJ (Ed.), Nitric Oxide Action in Abiotic Stress Responses in Plants: 65-73. Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Leung DWM. (2015) Relationship Between Changes in Contents of Nitric Oxide and Amino Acids Particularly Proline in Plants Under Abiotic Stress. In Gupta DK; Palma JM; Corpas FJ (Ed.), Reactive Oxygen Species and Oxidative Damage in Plants Under Stress: 341-352. Cham: Springer International Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20421-5_14.
- Leung DWM. (2013) Expression of genes associated with accumulation of storage reserves during maturation of somatic embryos. In Aslam J; Srivastava PS; Sharma MP (Ed.), Somatic Embryogenesis and Gene Expression: 166-171. New Delhi: Narosa Publishing House.