Research interests range across the subject areas of theoretical psychology, research methodology, educational theory and science studies. Work in these areas are characterized and held together by a commitment to a scientific realist view of science. Recent research has tended to focus on the methodological foundations of both quantitative and qualitative research methods, and theory construction strategies in the behavioural sciences.
- Haig BD. (2017) Tests of statistical significance made sound. Educational and Psychological Measurement 77 http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0013164416667981.
- Haig BD. (2016) Is psychology suffering from a replication crisis? Department of Psychology, University of Canterbury, Christchurch.
- Haig BD. (2016) Handbook of the Psychology of Science. American Journal of Psychology 129(1): 91-95.
- Haig BD. (2016) Realist foundations for construct validity. Chicago, IL, USA: 28th Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Science, 29 May 2016
- Haig BD. and Evers CW. (2016) Realist inquiry in social science. London: Sage. 168.