Read our stories
The University of Canterbury has been committed to producing tomorrow's leaders for over 130 years. Some of our well-known graduates include:
- Prime Minister John Key
- children's author Margaret Mahy
- former All Blacks coach Sir Graham Henry
- television presenters Toni Street and Miriama Kamo
- Nobel prize-winner Ernest Rutherford
- New Zealand's first Māori graduate Sir Apirana Ngata
- artist Dick Frizzell and
- actor/comedian Rhys Darby.
Today UC graduates continue to enjoy national and international recognition for their achievements. To read about the successes of some of our recent graduates, as well as the inspirational research being conducted by our postgraduate students, follow the links on this site.
Know of a UC graduate we should profile? Email details to Rachael Piper ().