Pacific Student Advisors
The role of the Pacific Student Advisor is to provide advice and pastoral support which includes guiding you through:
- UC processes – enrolment, withdrawals, backdated discontinuations, aegrotats, extensions, timetable clashes, appeals, academic reviews, complaints).
- Accessing your UC accounts – emails, learn, timetable, ICT account, Library account.
- Accessing appropriate resources around study – PASS tutoring, study groups, workshops, time management, study plans, learning skills.
Checkout our Pacific Development Student Study Plan Guide - come in and see us for help to set up your calendar to connect to your smart device!
- Accessing other UC services – accommodation options, scholarship advice, career advice, health centre, student clubs, gym.
- Connecting with off-campus services - studylink, legal advice, budgeting services, church, high commission.
They are also able to:
- Advocate on your behalf (Tutors, lecturers, student advisors, studylink)
- Write support letters
- Support you in meetings e.g. Academic reviews, lecturers etc
- Lend a confidential ear to any personal or family issues affecting studies.