Preparing to engage a student
We will work with you to ensure that the project undertaken by our student meets your needs and that it also provides the student with opportunities to apply and learn new skills and knowledge.
Here are some things that you need to organise before the student(s) start their project with you:
- Identify a supervisor who will provide the necessary support and supervision on site to the student(s).
- Plan for the student(s) to participate in an induction that covers key topics such as Health and Safety at your organisation, emergency procedures, dress standards, policies and an overview of your organisation and its culture.
- Ensure that the work environment is safe for the student(s) and that there is a designated safe space where they can work while on site.
- If there is any likelihood of Intellectual Property to be generated during the project you need to ensure that there is a clear agreement over who owns this Intellectual Property before the student(s) commence the project.
- Be prepared to provide productive feedback on their performance and where necessary provide support to help resolve any difficulties they may experience.