Apply for a Student Parking Permit
An all-year or Semester student parking permit entitles the permit holder to park in areas designated for students. Purchase of a permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space. It is simply a license-to-hunt.
Cost (GST inclusive)
- All-year student parking permit is $350 for 2017 and for 2018 is $400.
- Half year permit is $175 for 2017 and for 2018 is $200.
- Quarterly permit is $87.50 for 2017 and for 2018 is $100.
- Monthly permit is $29.20 for 2017 and for 2018 is 33.30.
Permits are transferable. However, if you forget to transfer your parking permit to another vehicle and you wish to park on campus, a daily coupon must be purchased and displayed appropriately. Failure to do so will result in enforcement action and possible penalty as per the Parking and Traffic Statute 2017.
Obtaining a student parking permit
- Permits will be available from the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road. 2016 permits are available from 5 January 2016.
- Credit Card
- Cheque (made out to The University of Canterbury)