Apply for a Staff Parking Permit
An all-year or Semester staff parking permit entitles the permit holder to park in areas designated for staff. Purchase of a permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space. It is simply a license-to-hunt.
Cost (GST inclusive)
All-year staff parking permit for 2017 is $600 and for 2018 is $800.
Half year permit is $300 for 2017 and for 2018 is $400.
Quarterly permit is $150 for 2017 and for 2018 is $200.
Monthly permit is $50 for 2017 and for 2018 is $66.65.
Permits are transferable. However, if you forget to transfer your parking permit to another vehicle and you wish to park on campus, a daily coupon must be purchased and displayed appropriately. Failure to do so will result in enforcement action and possible penalty as per the Parking and Traffic Statute 2017.
Obtaining a staff parking permit
Permits will be available from the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road. 2017 permits are available from the end of December 2016.
- Credit card
- Cheque (made out to The University of Canterbury)
- Paying by salary deduction. For more details, please refer to the Arrange salary deductions on the Staff Intranet for a Staff Parking Permit process in the HR Toolkit. Options available are:
- Equal fortnightly salary deductions until the parking permit balance is paid in full
- Fortnightly salary deductions of $50 per pay until the parking permit balance is paid in full
- Fortnightly salary deductions of $100 per pay until the parking permit balance is paid in full
Staff must take personal responsibility for paying their own parking fees. University funds cannot be used for this purpose.