Golden Key Primary School Mentor
Golden Key Canterbury offers gifted and talented primary school pupils the opportunity to work on a project with a university student who has a shared interest. The project takes place over four weeks during Term 2. This activity is open to all students, not just Golden Key members.
Hours involved in the activity
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 1 learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - Golden Key Primary School Mentors identify areas for support and help pupils understand their projects.
- B3 - Leadership - Golden Key Primary School Mentors lead conversations to engage pupils and guide learning.
- B4 - Learning - Golden Key Primary School Mentors learn how to align their activity with the requirements of the school and community in which they are placed.
- B6 - Problem solving - Golden Key Primary School Mentors adapt their support to foster pupils’ learning.
- B8 - Teamwork - Golden Key Primary School Mentors work collaboratively with pupils of all backgrounds and cultures to create projects.
- C1 - Communication - Golden Key Primary School Mentors learn to present information effectively and ensure it is appropriate.
- C5 - Planning and organising- Golden Key Primary School Mentors set realistic goals and plan and organise their workloads.
- C7 - Self-management - Golden Key Primary School Mentors communicate appropriately with others through their use of language and their dress code.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.