High demand collections
High demand collections contain material that is held in the Central and EPS Libraries within the self-loan area.
Finding high demand material
High demand material can be found for on the Library Catalogue by entering your course code into the search field. Where possible, journal articles and other electronic material will be provided via Learn course pages.
Daily and hourly loans
Material is placed on 1 day or 3 day loan, or 1 hour or 3 hour loan when usage increases and the item is requested by another borrower.
Daily and hourly loans are in heavy demand and will incur heavy fines if they are returned late. Fines will apply almost as soon as the item is overdue - there is no grace period on daily loans and only 15 minutes on hourly loans. See the Fines and payments page for more information about borrowing and fines.
Please return high demand items to the library you borrowed them from.
Using hourly loans
- Hourly loans are not requestable.
- Check the library catalogue for return time details.
- 3 hour loans may be taken out on overnight loan if issued within 3 hours of the library's closing time. They are due back within the first hour of the library opening.
Using daily loans
- Daily loans that are out on loan can be requested on the library catalogue system.
- Daily loans can be renewed if they are not needed by another borrower.
- For enquiries about high demand material, contact a subject librarian.