Library databases provide access to a vast amount of material published in journals, newspapers, legal and other specialist collections. Many contain links to the full content, for example, full-text of articles, legal cases and citations, music and video files.
Databases by title
Databases by subject
To search for specific journals use the online journals search.
Current database trials
Help us assess potential new electronic resources/databases - see our current electronic resources trials
Help with using databases
Access to most databases is available from anywhere that has an internet connection. For off-campus you need to log in using your UC username and password. Check for more details under Access Conditions for individual databases in alphabetical and subject lists.
Licensing and access restrictions
Important: Licensing and access restrictions apply to electronic databases.
Databases may be searched only for the purpose of University teaching, study or research. Licensing and access restrictions apply to many electronic resources, including eBooks.
- Where restrictions apply, electronic resources may be searched and used only for the purpose of University teaching, study or research.
- A reasonable quantity of excerpts may be downloaded for this purpose. Substantial subsets of data or content may not be created.
- Data or content may not be copied, sold or provided for any other commercial purpose.
- Data or content may not be provided to anyone who is not an authorised user.
- See the Access conditions information in the lists of databases and other resources for details about any specific resource.