Creating value from Innovation Workshop
Thursday, 17th May
Time: 8.45am – 5pm
Venue: HP Room, Ground Floor NZi3
Research & Innovation’s Creating Value from Innovation workshop provides researchers with a practical understanding of the commercialisation process. It uses your own project to demonstrate how the process works, gradually developing its commercial focus over the course of the day.
The workshop’s overriding aim is to bring an awareness of the commercialisation process and needs of the market to technology development. Simply raising awareness can increase the commercial potential of the new technology or idea. At the end of the workshop you will have:
- Increased your skills and confidence in the identification and development commercialisation opportunities.
- Developed your ability to interact and partner with industry, professionals and customers of new technologies.
The workshop is delivered to up to 20 to 25 researchers using an interactive mixture of presentations, group discussions and individual workbook assignments. Plenty of practical examples are used to illustrate the key themes, which are highlighted below.
Benefits of Participating
The workshop can help you:
- Learn skills that will help you get your idea to market quickly
- Learn how to identify and explore multiple opportunities for your idea.
- Communicate your idea in terms of market needs.
- Communicate complex ideas to potential partners.
- Present ideas to businesses, which could lead to funding.
- Increase your involvement in the commercialisation process.
For more information, please contact:
Commercial Operations Manager, Research & Innovation