Research & Innovation (R&I) has completed the Tech Jumpstart programme and the projects entered are going through the judging process at present. Three projects submitted by University of Canterbury staff will be awarded:
- Up to $20,000 in Tech Jumpstart funding to begin technology development.
- Commercialisation support from Research & Innovation.
- Access to additional funding sources for continued development.
Benefits of Tech Jumpstart
- Progression of research: Ideas can be developed by employing student researchers and purchasing the necessary consumables.
- Opportunity for further funding: Research & Innovation will look to source additional funding for continued development and commercialisation for successful projects.
- University of Canterbury staff members could submit an application.
- Technology ideas can be from any University research area.
- Technology ideas must have potential market applications.
- Projects should be proof-of concept or technology development studies.
Successful applicants should be ready to begin projects upon funding allocation and be interested in potential commercial outcomes for their idea.
Research and Innovation
The role of Research & Innovation (R&I) at the University of Canterbury is to provide end-to-end services, which facilitate and support all stages of research and innovation development, from initial funding through to commercialisation.
We also promote active engagement with industry and focus on successful technology transfer of University of Canterbury intellectual property with the intention of generating economic growth, benefits and opportunities for both Canterbury and the New Zealand economy.
Creating value from Innovation Workshop
The workshop was held on Thursday 17th May 2012. The workshop provided valuable information around understanding the commercial value of ideas/intellectual property and the University of Canterbury commercialisation processes.
Tech Jumpstart Awards
R&I will host a celebration event to announce the winning projects on at an Awards Ceremony 26 July 2012 in the NZi3 Foyer.
Participants and others interested are invited to attend. RSVP information will be provided closer to the time.