Microsoft Office 365
All students enrolled at UC can install and use Office 365 on their personally owned computers (Apple OS X and Windows 7 and Windows 10) for free. Versions are also available for mobile devices (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile).
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is an online version of Microsoft Office made up of web-based Office applications (or Office web apps) and cloud storage using OneDrive for Business.
The package of Office web apps includes the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype and InfoPath.
OneDrive for Business cloud storage allows you to store, sync and share files across multiple devices.
You can open and edit files you have in OneDrive anywhere you have internet access. Opening files from OneDrive will open the corresponding Office web app version in your web browser instead of the full desktop verison of the Office application.
Create a OneDrive for Business account using your university UClive email account.
- Sign in with your UClive account (firstname.lastname@example.org) then click “Next”. Type your UC IT account password on the Office 365 sign in page then click “Sign in”.
Once your OneDrive account is created, install Office 365 following these steps. The procedure for Windows and Mac computers are basically the same.
- Log into your student email using your UClive credentials.
- In the Office 365 Outlook window, click on “Office 365” as shown below.
- Click on “Install Office 2016” as shown below.
4. Save the installation file in your computer and run it when it is finished downloading.
5. Follow the subsequent instructions to finish the installation.
6. Activate Office 365 using your UC credentials (email@example.com).
Get Microsoft OneDrive on your mobile
OneDrive can be installed for the following mobile devices:
For more information see the Office 365 FAQs PDF below.
Office 365 Drop-in Sessions
If you'd like help getting setup with Office 365, visit the IT Service Desk.