Medical and travel insurance

To enrol at the University of Canterbury, international students (including international PhD students) must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. This is a legal requirement under the New Zealand Qualifications Authority Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students.

For more information about medical and travel insurance please see