Educational Research Human Ethics Committee (ERHEC)
Apply to the Educational Research Human Ethics Committee (ERHEC) if your research is conducted as part of pre-service and in-service teacher education and professional development or tertiary level professional practice.
Examples of research applications that would be considered by ERHEC include:
- investigating teaching and learning in curriculum areas in primary and secondary settings
- describing how early childhood educators use assessment to inform their practices
- how schools communicate assessment information to students and their families and whanau.
Two academic staff from each School of the College of Education nominated by the Heads of Schools
- School of Educational Studies and Leadership
Trish McMenamin (College of Education website)
- School of Teacher Education
Patrick Shepherd (College of Education website) (Chair)
- School of Health Sciences
Anne van Bysterveldt (College of Education website)
Chris North (College of Education website)
One member nominated by the Kaiarahi Maori
One member nominated by the Dean of Law
One member representing another College of the University of Canterbury
Other College of Education Staff as required
Kathryn Andrews (Education Library)
Llyween Couper (School of Health Sciences)
One College of Education post graduate student nominated by the Committee
Two laypeople representing the wider educational community appointed by the Committee
- Neil Fleming
The Chair is appointed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and the Committee has the power to co-opt.