Information for Staff in Fixed Term Academic Support Positions and Casuals
If you have been hired at the University of Canterbury in a semester, or year-based role such as a Teaching/Laboratory or Research Assistant, Lab Demonstrator, Tutor or a Casual - Welcome! This website aims to provide you with information about working at UC and to answer common questions.
The information provided here is the start of your workplace induction. Your Head/Manager is responsible for arranging a more localised induction to build on the overview provided here and they or the person they nominate can answer any additional questions you may have.
You will be asked to provide confirmation to your Head of Department/School or Manager that you have read and understood what is provided via this site.
- Welcome for fixed term academic support positions and casual staff - from the Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Rod Carr (video clip, 2 minutes).
- Your Employment
- How do I know my hours and what work to do?
- How do I know what's expected of me?
- Do I get leave and if so, how?
- What do I do if I am sick or injured and can't come to work?
- When and how do I get paid?
- How do I complete my timesheet?
- How do I prove my eligibility to work?
- Who can help me?
- Your IT account, login and access - as a staff member
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- H&S Toolkit - a one-stop-shop
- Emergency Management
- Information and Training
- FAQs and Contacts
- Additional Resources
- UC Ergonomic Assessment