Graduate Diploma in Accounting and Information Systems*
This diploma offers students an opportunity to complement and extend their undergraduate studies with further studies in Accounting and Information Systems.
The Graduate Diploma in Accounting and Information Systems (GradDipAcc&IS) is designed for students seeking to meet the academic requirements of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand and for graduates seeking a qualification in Accounting or Information Systems.
* This qualification is not open to new enrolments in 2018. See the Graduate Diploma in Commerce instead.
Graduate certificates and diplomas require a relevant bachelor's degree. If you gained your qualifications overseas, these will need to be assessed to ensure they are of an equivalent standard.
Qualification specific requirements
A background in university-level accounting is required.
Candidates must be approved by the Dean of Commerce, who will take the relevance and standard of previous studies into account. They must have qualified for a degree of this University or been admitted ad eundem statum as the holder of such a degree.
For full entry requirements see the Regulations for the Graduate Diploma in Accounting and Information Systems or use the admission requirements checker.
You are also required to meet UC’s English language requirements.
Qualification structure and duration
The diploma may be completed full-time in one year or part-time in two to four years.
How to apply
Find out how to apply for graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- See what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers by looking at our student and graduate profiles.
- Our Careers, Internships & Employment team can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit the Universities New Zealand website and UC's Careers, Internships & Employment page.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
For full requirements see the Regulations for the Graduate Diploma in Accounting and Information Systems.
For study planning help contact the Department of Accounting and Information Systems or the College of Business and Law:
College of Business and Law | Te Rāngai Umanga me te Ture
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800