Registrations for Orientation Day are full
You are still welcome to take part from 11.30am onwards...
- Grab some lunch at the UCSA Lunch on the Lawn.
- Get sorted for your first day at UC in the Student Services Hub.
- Get some College information in the Student Services Hub.
- Campus Tours: Explore the campus with UC’s student leaders.
UC Orientation Day is the best way to find out what university life has to offer.
It takes place the Friday before term starts and is a chance for new students to get familiar with the campus, ask questions, make new friends and get sorted for day one at UC.
Orientation Day is exclusive to students new to UC in 2017 but there is also an opportunity for parents to find out more about the University with a range of special orientation events designed for whānau.
Attendance at Orientation Day is expected and considered essential for a successful start, so please plan to be here.
UCSA (University Canterbury Students' Association) also have a programme (O-Week) of music and events. You can check out all events on the UCSA website. Tickets to O-Week do sell out, so book your place at NZ’s biggest Orientation festival by grabbing an early bird combo at: ucsa.org.nz.
Māori, Pasifika and International students
- If you are a Māori student you may want to attend the Māori student orientation held at the start of the academic year. For more information see the UC Māori Orientation website.
- If you are a Pacific student you may want to attend the Pasifika student orientation held at the start of the academic year. For more information see the Get FRESH website.
- If you are a new international student you need to attend the International Student Welcome during Arrival Week. For more information and registration.
Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Teaching students
If your programme of study is in Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary teaching you will be involved in course-specific orientation programme. This programme will give you the opportunity to participate in Orientation Day from 12pm onwards. For more information see the College of Education, Health and Human Development website.
Need more information?
If you’ve a question or want to find out more contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.