International student enrolment in person
Complete your enrolment in person
In person enrolment for international students takes place on Tuesday, 14 February 2017 to Thursday, 16 February 2017 in the Puaka-James Hight Library. All international students must enrol in person as you have special compliance requirements that must be met before completing enrolment. Please make sure you plan your arrival into New Zealand in time to complete your enrolment before your lectures start.
|Time and date||9.00 am - noon||Noon - 4.00 pm|
|Tuesday, 14 February 2017||Family name starting with A B C D E||Family name starting with F G H I|
|Wednesday, 15 February 2017||Family name starting with J K L||Family name starting with M N O P Q|
|Thursday, 16 February 2017||Family name starting with R S T U V||Family name starting with W X Y Z
What to bring to enrolment in person
All international students must complete their enrolment in person with the following documentation:
- A valid passport
- A current visa. If you do not have a current visa you should make contact with Immigration New Zealand or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see visas and immigration. If you do have a current student visa which needs to be renewed for your 2016 study you will need to complete the Application for student visa application form.
- Proof of living expenses and outgoing ticket requirements are detailed in the International student enrolment documents checklist.
- Evidence of insurance. UC has an insurance policy available on campus. See insurance for incoming students for more information.
- A completed International student address form.
- International students must also attend International Welcome.
For a checklist of what to bring see the following document:
What to expect on the day
It can take some time to enrol and it is likely you will have to stand in queues. The university has to check every student's passport and insurance certificate to meet legal requirements.
To help make this process as efficient and enjoyable as possible please ensure you have applied for admission online (International Students website) and you have all the required documents detailed in International student enrolment documents checklist with you.
To help make this process as efficient and enjoyable as possible we recommend you:
- Have a decent breakfast before you come
- Bring a book/magazine
- Decide what courses you want to study
- Check you have everything you need