Check your eligibility

Before you can enrol at UC you must meet University Entrance requirements.

Domestic admission

To be eligible to enrol at the University of Canterbury you must have one of the following:

* Only available to New Zealand Citizens or holders of a Residence Class Visa and Australian Citizens, or Permanent Residents of Australia, Cook Islands, Tokelau and Niue.

Postgraduate admission information


International admission

For many countries, qualifications that meet University entry requirements in that country also meet undergraduate entry requirements in New Zealand but you will need to apply for admission.

If you are an international student who has studied in New Zealand please go to the “N” section.

If you are transferring to the University of Canterbury from another New Zealand university or tertiary institution please see transferring international students.

If you need further information, please contact us.


The information included in this website is meant to be a general guide to the enrolment process. Full information on UC’s General Regulations and Policies can be found in the UC Regulations website. Information about UC Privacy commitment is available from Privacy Statements and Student Declaration.