Step 3. Complete your application

Apply now with myUC

You can apply online with myUC, the University of Canterbury's student portal, for most qualifications. These include:

Information you need to apply

You need the following information on hand to apply with myUC:

  • Your National Student Number (NSN) or New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) number (if you have one)
  • Your IRD number, if you intend to pay your tuition fees with a New Zealand Government student loan
  • Details of the qualifications and courses you plan to study
  • If you are an international student you will also need your Passport details

Document requirements

When you apply you will need to provide a number of documents. You can upload these as part of your online application. The preferred file type is PDF but DOC, DOCX, JPG, and PNG's are also accepted. The file size must be less than 10MB. 

When scanning your documents please ensure they are scanned in colour and are at a resolution of at least 300 dpi.

If you are emailing your documents, send all your documents in a single email.

UC  cannot download your documents from any cloud storage.

Applying for Teacher Qualifications

Find out more on the following teaching qualifications or on the application process:

Incoming student exchange

Please visit the webpage above to see the information for the incoming exchange students.

Use this form if your home university is one of UC’s exchange partners and you want to study at UC for one or two semesters on the   programme:

Incoming study abroad

Please visit the Study Abroad Programme web page for more information about the programme.

Use this form if your home university is not a UC exchange partner and you want to study at UC for one or two semesters on the   programme:

Additional forms

Depending on your chosen study you may need to complete the following additional qualification application forms.

International students

To enrol as an international student at the University of Canterbury, you must have medical and travel insurance for the duration of your study. Your insurance cover must meet a minimum set of requirements.

Find out more about insurance for incoming international students. 

Transfer students

If you have completed study previously at another institution you may want to transfer your previous credit to your UC qualification.

Transfer credit from a New Zealand tertiary institution

Use this form if you want to transfer credit from a NZ tertiary institution towards a University of Canterbury qualification:

Transfer credit from an overseas tertiary institution

Use this form if you want to transfer credit from an overseas institution towards a University of Canterbury qualification:

Excess workload

Use this form if you have applied for more than 75 points per semester or more than 30 points of summer school courses:

Document requirements

As part of the admissions process you will need to submit a number of documents. Admission can be initially assessed on electronic copies of documents but only original or certified true copies of academic certificates and transcripts will be accepted for enrolment. Documents may be certified as true copies by:

  • A justice of the peace
  • A notary public
  • A solicitor
  • A commissioner of oaths
  • An official of the institution that issued the document

If English translations are necessary they should be certified translations.

More information

Admissions and Enrolment
Freephone in New Zealand 0800 VARSITY (827 748)
Phone +64 3 369 4999

Level 2, Matariki

If you are a continuing student, you should submit your re-enrolment application through myUC using your UC username and password.