The Pop Up Christchurch Climate Exchange
- Date: Wednesday, 28 March 2018 to Wednesday, 28 March 2018
- Time: 10:30AM to 07:00PM
- Location: The pop-up park next to the Piano Centre, 154 Armagh Street
- Ticket: Free
120 of the world’s science experts are arriving in Christchurch for a meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
To mark the event and welcome the science teams from 59 countries, the Christchurch City Council, with University of Canterbury and Agricultural Green House Gas Research Centre is hosting a free all day public event: a Pop Up Climate Exchange.
The pop-up climate exchange is free and a chance for scientists and the community to take in some of the local climate initiatives here. There will be lots of displays and talks in this mini pop-up science fair, as well as the opening of a Colourful, Curated Poetry Wall at 128 Armagh Street. Come along and learn about how climate change affects Christchurch, and what you and other communities and researchers are doing to help.
Researchers and community groups with stalls/information at the Fair will include:
- The Christchurch City Council
- University of Canterbury’s new graduate research from Gateway Antarctica, Biology, Politics, Geography, and Forestry
- Lincoln University teaching and research on land and climate change
- Manaaki Whenua/ Landcare Research
- Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre (NZAGRC) Wellington
- National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)
- Ministry for the Environment (MfE)
- Generation Zero
- 350 Christchurch
There will be a Colourful, Curated Poetry Wall poetry reading at 12.30pm, 128 Armagh Street.
Art work by Pops/Life in vacant spaces, poems curated & written by 17 year old Samantha Jory-Smart.Contact website: www.canterbury.ac.nz/arts/contact-us/people/bronwyn-hayward.html
Post Doctoral Fellow Sylvia Nissen
Room 251 Psychology Building, Ilam Campus, University of Canterbury
Friday 16 March 2018, 03:00PM
Recital Room, UC Arts City Location, Arts Centre of Christchurch, 3 Hereford Street
Monday 17 September 2018, 07:00PM
Recital Room, UC Arts City Location, Arts Centre of Christchurch, 3 Hereford St
Monday 6 August 2018, 03:30PM
Psychology-Sociology Room 252, University of Canterbury Ilam campus
Friday 2 March 2018, 02:00PM