The Erskine Programme administers Erskine and Canterbury Grants, Visiting Erskine and Canterbury Fellowships, along with Grants and Fellowships under the Cambridge/Canterbury Academic Exchange and the Oxford/Canterbury Academic Exchange.
Erskine Fellowships and Grants are available to the
Faculties of Commerce, Engineering and Science. Canterbury Fellowships and Grants are available to non-Erskine eligible Faculties.
The Cambridge/Canterbury Academic Exchange and the Oxford/Canterbury Academic Exchange are open to all Faculties.
Visiting International Academics Visitor Visa
The visiting academics visitor visa allows academics to travel to New Zealand as a visitor without the need to obtain a work visa. The visiting academic visitor visa will allows a stay for up to three months, or for a maximum of three months in any one year if several trips are made to New Zealand. Beyond that period a work visa is required. This is only available to residents of visa free countries (eg UK, USA).
Temporary Work Visa
Passport holders of non-visa-free countries or visitors staying longer than 3 months should apply for a Temporary Work Visa under Specific Purposes or Event, on Form NZINZ1015 which may be downloaded from NZ Immigration.
Visiting Fellowships to Canterbury
- Potential Visiting Fellowship Nominees (pdf, 37 kb)
- Visiting Erskine/Cambridge/Canterbury/Oxford Fellowships information (pdf, 253 kb)
- Staff - Visiting Erskine/Cambridge/Canterbury/Oxford Fellowships information (pdf, 91 kb)
- Application forms are available only to university staff.
Grants may be awarded to teachers who are staff in a continuing role at the University of Canterbury to enable staff members to increase their knowledge in any such subjects so as to better enable them to teach those subjects to students. In the case of new staff members, Grants are available after one full year of service.
- Erskine Grant Information for Staff (pdf, 108 kb)
- Canterbury Grant Information for Staff (pdf 261 kb)
- Cambridge Grant Information for Staff (pdf 72k bB)
- Oxford Grant Information for Staff (pdf 73 kb)
Links of interest
- Life in Christchurch - For information on Christchurch Today, Location and Lifestyle, News and Weather, and Sport in Christchurch
- Christchurch City Council
- Christchurch Heritage
- Christchurch city and regions - Canterbury region, favourite escapes, Find a Bed, Wine Trails, Visitor Attractions and more
- Christchurch tourism
- Launched in January 2011, Neat Places is an independent guide to Christchurch’s best.......
- Lonely Planet: What to do in Christchurch: your post-quake guide
- UC SPARK - University of Canterbury system for people and research knowledge
- Gifting to the University of Canterbury Foundation