Canterbury Grants may be awarded to University of Canterbury academic staff members on a competitive basis in those chools/Departments within the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences, Creative Arts, Law and Education that do not have access to the Erskine Fund to take leave out of New Zealand to increase their knowledge in such subjects so as to better enable them to teach those subjects to students.
Every year there is a total allocation of five Fellowships and/or Grants and nominations from eligible schools/departments are assessed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) on a competitive basis. Applications are called for each February with a closing date of 30 April. Decisions are expected to be notified to all applicants in Augus/September. Applications forms are available on the intranet for UoC staff only.
Access to application/nomination forms is via the intranet and for staff only.
- Complete application form;
- Head of School/Department signs off the application form;
- College Pro-Vice Chancellor signs signs off the application form;
- Form sent to the Erskine Programme Manager for checking by closing date (30 April);
- Applications assessed by Evaluation Committee;
- In August/September there is an nnouncement of successful applicants; and
- Erskine Programme office send letters of approval to successful applicants.
Canterbury Grant Information for Staff (pdf 70kb)