Complete your application
What kind of student you are will determine the application forms you will need to complete.
Apply now with myUC
If you will be a domestic or international student you can apply online with myUC, the University of Canterbury's student portal, for most qualifications.
If you are a continuing student, you should submit your re-enrolment application through myUC using your UC username and password.
Information you need to apply
You need the following information on hand to apply with myUC:
- Your National Student Number (NSN) or New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) number (if you have one)
- Your IRD number, if you intend to pay your tuition fees with a New Zealand Government student loan
- Details of the qualifications and courses you plan to study
- If you are an international student you will also need your Passport details
Find out what the document requirements are for your supporting evidence.
Information is available on the Teacher Education application page for the following programmes:
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Teaching
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Primary), or the
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Secondary)
- Master of Teaching and Learning endorsed in Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary
Please visit the webpage above to see the information for the incoming exchange students.
Use this form if your home university is one of UC’s exchange partners and you want to study at UC for one or two semesters on the exchange programme:
Please visit the Study Abroad Programme web page for more information about the programme.
Use this form if your home university is not a UC exchange partner and you want to study at UC for one or two semesters on the study abroad programme:
Depending on your chosen study you may need to complete the an additionan application forms:
Use this form if you have applied for more than 75 points per semester or more than 30 points of summer school courses:
Other Enrolment Considerations
To enrol as an international student at the University of Canterbury, you must have medical and travel insurance for the duration of your study. Your insurance cover must meet a minimum set of requirements.