Semester 2, 2013
International welcome and enrolment in person
This event is for all first year/new international students.
International students must attend International welcome and enrolment in person.
|Date||Wednesday, 3 July 2013|
|Time||10.00 am (please arrive and be seated by 9.50 am)|
|Venue||A1, A Block Lecture Theatres and Foyer|
Complete enrolment in person - starts Thursday 4 July 2013
All international students must enrol in person. International students have special compliance requirements that must be met before completing enrolment.
First year new International students:
Enrol in person starting Thursday, 4 July 2013. You will receive instructions at the International Welcome.
Venue: Student Services Building
What to bring
All international students must complete their enrolment in person with the following documentation:
- Valid passport.
- Current visa. If you do not have a current visa you should make contact with Immigration NZ or email email@example.com. See Visas (International Students website) for more information.
- If you do have a current student visa which needs to be renewed for your 2013 study you will need to complete the UC online visa application form. Additional information regarding proof of living expenses and outgoing ticket requirements can be found here.
- Evidence of insurance. UC has an insurance policy available on campus. See Insurance for Studying in New Zealand (International Students website) for more information.
- Address Form Please complete this form and bring it with you when you enrol in person.
- International students must also attend International welcome.
Download the International student enrolment documents (PDF, 125KB)
What to expect on the day
The Orientation programme will provide helpful advice about the enrolment process and provide important information to help you adjust to life as a student at UC.
It can take some time to enrol and you are likely to have to stand in queues. (The university has to check every student's passport and insurance certificate to meet legal requirements).
To help make this process as efficient and enjoyable as possible please ensure you have submitted your application to enrol and you have all required documents with you.
To help make this process as efficient and enjoyable as possible we recommend you:
- Have a decent breakfast before you come.
- Bring a book/magazine.
- Decide what courses you want to study.
- Check you have everything you need.
The information included in this website is meant to be a general guide to the enrolment process. Full information on UC’s General Regulations and Policies can found in the UC Regulations website.