Check your Eligibility
Before you can enrol at UC you must meet University Entrance requirements.
To be eligible to enrol at the University of Canterbury you must have one of the following, the links go to the admissions and entry website:
- University Entrance through NCEA
- Special Admission
- Admissions Ad Eundem Statum (using Overseas or International qualifications)
- Discretionary Entrance *
- Adult admission *
- Certificate in University Preparation (CUP) *
* Only available to Citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand (including the Cook Islands, Tokelau and Niue) or Australia.
- From Semester 1 2012, students applying for admission will need to satisfy UC Preferential Entry requirements as well as NZ University Entrance. Students not meeting the requirements for Preferential Entry will be offered places subject to priority and availability.
- Most domestic undergraduate first-year students must apply to enrol by 10 December. Other dates apply for College of Education students.
- Please refer to key dates for Semester 2 Enrolments
For many countries, qualifications that meet University entry requirements in that country also meet undergraduate entry requirements in New Zealand but you will need to apply for admission.
If you are an international student who has studied in New Zealand please go to the “N” section.
If you are transferring to the University of Canterbury from another NZ university or tertiary institution please see Transferring international students.
If you need further information, please contact us.
The information included in this website is meant to be a general guide to the enrolment process. Full information on UC’s General Regulations and Policies can found in the UC Regulations website.