Complete your enrolment
Once you have Applied to Enrol and your award and courses in that application have been approved you can complete your enrolment.
If your application is still pending you may need to submit additional information. Please see What happens after you have Applied to Enrol
Enrolments are now being processed in Level 1 of the Student Services Centre.
UC will send you an Enrolment Offer once your Application to Enrol has been approved.
When you accept the Enrolment Offer, you will be asked to agree to the enrolment declaration and either pay the requisite fees or make a suitable payment arrangement, before you will be fully enrolled.
You accept your Enrolment Offer online using UC Student Web. If you have forgotten your username and password, phone the Contact Centre who can provide you with temporary ones.
You can also accept your Enrolment Offer in person in Level 1 of the Student Services Centre.
It is your responsibility to check that the courses and site codes listed on the Offer are correct.
It is important that you respond by the specified date as offers expire and you may lose your place on the programme.
Changes cannot be made once you have accepted an Enrolment Offer until you have paid your fees and become fully enrolled (ENR status). Changes made at this stage are done so through UC Student Web.
All international students must complete their enrolment in person with the following documentation:
- Valid passport.
- Current visa. If you do not have a current visa you should make contact with Immigration NZ or email email@example.com. See Visas (International Students website) for more information.
- If you do have a current student visa which needs to be renewed for your 2013 study you will need to complete the UC online visa application form. Additional information regarding proof of living expenses and outgoing ticket requirements can be found here.
- Evidence of insurance. UC has an insurance policy available on campus. See Insurance for Studying in New Zealand (International Students website) for more information.
- Address Form Please complete this form and bring it with you when you enrol in person.
- International students must also attend International welcome.
Download the International student enrolment documents (PDF, 125KB)
Pay your Fees
Go to Payment guidelines and how to pay fees for options on how you can pay your fees.
Once you have accepted your Enrolment Offer and paid your fees and costs you are officially enrolled. You can now go get your Canterbury Card.
Student Accounts and Access
Find out about our Library services, how to get your Canterbury Card and how to set up your IT account
Changes once enrolled
- Can be made by logging onto UC Student Web and submitting a change of enrolment
- See key course dates for full information on application to enrol, official course start and end dates, refund and withdrawal dates.
Start at UC
Please refer to page 37 in the Guide to Enrolment (4MB) or follow these links for more information about:
- Change of address
- Student Support and Orientation
- Health Centre
- UC Sport and Recreation
- Security Services
The University of Canterbury is proud to be a completely smoke-free campus.
This means that smoking is not permitted on any University grounds including regional campuses, field stations and other premises. The University promotes healthy lifestyles and has adopted this policy to ensure that all staff, students and visitors can experience a healthy, smoke-free environment.
The full policy can be reviewed in the UC Policy library, under ‘Smoke-free Policy’.
The information included in this website is meant to be a general guide to the enrolment process. Full information on UC’s General Regulations and Policies can found in the UC Regulations website.