Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- Mason EG. and Morgenroth J. (2017) Potential for forestry on highly erodible land in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 62(2): 8-15.
- Mason EG., Salekin S. and Morgenroth J. (2017) Comparison between meteorological data from the New Zealand National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) and data from independent meteorological stations. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 47(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40490-017-0088-0.
- Zheng C., Wang Y., Jia L., Mason EG., We S., Sun C. and Duan J. (2017) Compatible taper-volume models of Quercus variabilis blume forests in north China. iForest : Biogeosciences and Forestry 10(3): 567-575. http://dx.doi.org/10.3832/ifor2114-010 |.
- Haase DL., Kadduri N., Mason EG. and Dumroese RK. (2016) Relationships Among Chilling Hours, Photoperiod, Calendar Date, Cold Hardiness, Seed Source, and Storage of Douglas-Fir Seedlings. Tree Planters Notes 59(1): 52-63.
- Mason EG., Morgenroth JA. and Bown HE. (2016) Precision Forestry Research Project – Final Report.Commissioned by New Zealand Forest Growers Levy Fund. 75.