Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- Mason, EG., Salekin, S. and Morgenroth, JA. (2017) Comparison between meteorological data from the New Zealand National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) and data from independent meteorological stations. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 47(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40490-017-0088-0.
- Mason, EG., Morgenroth, JA. and Bown, HE. (2016) Precision Forestry Research Project – Final Report.
- Waghorn, Matthew J., Whitehead, David., Watt, Michael S., Mason, Euan G. and Harrington, Jonathan J. (2015) Growth, biomass, leaf area and water-use efficiency of juvenile Pinus radiata in response to water deficits. NEW ZEALAND JOURNAL OF FORESTRY SCIENCE 45 http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40490-015-0034.
- Waghorn, MJ., Whitehead, D., Watt, MS., Mason, EG. and Harrington, JJ. (2015) Growth, biomass, leaf area and water-use efficiency of juvenile Pinus radiata in response to water deficits. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 45(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40490-015-0034-y.
- Zheng, C., Mason, EG., Jia, L., Wei, S., Sun, C. and Duan, J. (2015) A single-tree additive biomass model of Quercus variabilis Blume forests in North China. Trees - Structure and Function 29(3): 705-716. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00468-014-1148-1.