Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: 1. Biomedical Systems: Modelling of Glucose-Insulin system, development of macro-physical cardio-vascular system models including ventricular interaction, integral based Inverse Problem Solutions for a Digital Image-Based Elasto Tomography Breast Cancer Screening System, agitation sensing with Image Processing based on patient motion and facial grimacing. 2. Image Processing and Computer Vision: High Speed 3D Motion Sensing for a Digital Image-based Elasto Tomography Breast Cancer Screening System, intensive care patient motion detection and measurement (facial grimacing detection for the development of an agitation sensor), measuring morphological change in the Waimakariri River using a rotating camera system with zoom on a 33m power pylon and on a 12m portable mast. 3.Structural Health Monitoring: Developing real time integral based structural Health Monitoring algorithms, applying integral based methods to detect stiffness changes to the structure of multi-storey buildings during and after an earthquake using only accelerometer data 4. Development of real-time modeling and system identification techniques for implementation during rocket flight, 6DOF rigid body dynamic modeling of rocket response, Minimal modeling of shock waves and turbulence during rocket flight, Vertical wind tunnel testing and control system development, Orbital mechanics calculations and optimization for small payload low earth orbit insertion
- Milne B., Hann C. and Chen X. (2017) The "α-Invariant": An Energy-Based Nonlinear Minimal Damping Model for Robotic Joints with Friction. Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics 12(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4035192.
- Bryson H., Sültrop H., Buchanan G., Hann C., Snowdon M., Rao A., Slee A., Fanning K., Wright D. and McVicar J. (2016) Vertical Wind Tunnel for Prediction of Rocket Flight Dynamics.
- Buchanan G., Wright D., Hann C., Bryson H., Snowdon M., Rao A., Slee A., Sültrop H., Jochle-Rings B. and Barker Z. (2015) The Development of Rocketry Capability in New Zealand - World Record Rocket and First of Its Kind Rocketry Course. Aerospace
- Meaclem CV., Chen X., Gutschmidt S., Hann C. and Parker R. (2015) K-means Partitioned Space Path Planning (KPSPP) for Autonomous Robotic Harvesting. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems 12 ARTN 165 http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/61816.
- Milne BJE., Beelen HPGJ., Merks RWH., Weiland S., Chen XQ., Hann CE. and Parker RJ. (2015) Verification of Sinusoidal Steady State system identification of a Phantom Omni haptic device using Data Driven modelling. Queenstown, New Zealand: 6th International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications (ICARA), 17-19 Feb 2015. In ICARA Proceedings: 6pp.