Qualifications & Memberships
Current research interests include high temperature superconductivity in electric power machines; smart grids and renewable energy; LED lighting; computer modelling and simulation of transformers; high voltage.
- Lapthorn AC. (2017) Evolutionary Multi-Objective Fault Diagnosis of Power Transformers. Swarm and Evolutionary Computation http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.swevo.2017.03.005.
- Lapthorn AC., Irani Y., Enright W., Race P., Shicker K. and McDonald C. (2016) Three Phase Partial Discharge Investigation of a 108 MW Hydro Stator. Wellington, New Zealand: EEA Conference & Exhibition 2016, 22-24 Jun 2016
- Lapthorn AC., Pandey S. and Sorez M. (2016) Mind the Gaps. Wellington, New Zealand: EEA Conference & Exhibition 2016, 22-24 Jun 2016
- Peimankar A., Weddell SJ., Jalal T. and Lapthorn AC. (2016) Ensemble classifier selection using multi-objective PSO for fault diagnosis of power transformers. In 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2016: 3622-3629. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CEC.2016.7744248.
- Peimankar A., Weddell SJ., Jalal T. and Lapthorn AC. (2016) Ensemble Classifier Selection Using Multi-Objective PSO for Fault Diagnosis of Power Transformers. Vancouver, Canada: IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, 24-29 Jul 2016. In 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC)
Dr Andrew Lapthorn from UC’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at work in the High Voltage Lab, the only facility of its kind in a New Zealand university. It does commercial testing for the electrical industry.