All Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Software Engineering students are required to complete a final year research project. Sponsoring a final year project offers industry partners the opportunity to develop a project of use to their organisation which has a much greater value than the donation we require.
Research projects could be a backburner plan that lacks funding or an extension to a current project with the potential to add significant value.
How it works
- Industry sponsors submit an expression of interest, usually by January 31 of the relevant year.
- UC will provide a team of final year students (from one to four people), an academic supervisor, departmental laboratories and resources and technical staff.
- Sponsors make a donation of $2500 + GST per student to the Canterbury Foundation.
- Projects run during the academic year from February to October with students presenting sponsors with a report and final presentation upon completion. We also host a final year conference at which students present their work.
Types of projects
- Mobile apps
- Computer vision applications
- Technology evaluation and assessment
- Route mapping
- Web applications
- Cyber security
- Computer graphics
Benefits for industry sponsors
- Advanced projects for minimal investment
- Mentoring opportunities to steer the project for maximum benefit to your company
- Establishing a network with our department for future collaboration
- Identification of top graduates for recruitment
- Developing students for summer internships
- Contributing to the University for the benefit of wider Canterbury