Qualifications & Memberships
I work in a variety of areas related to civil and environmental engineering. I have extensive experience in landfill engineering, and conduct some research on leachate and gas emissions.I have conducted research on groundwater through study of market approaches and also for research into groundwater quality.I have research interests in engineering systems analysis methods, particularly tools used to analyse decisions, risk, uncertainty, and system properties (e.g., resilience).I have research interests in the analysis of engineering failures and also in engineering education.
- Milke MW. (2017) The distinctiveness of civil engineering in engineering systems thinking and in new models in engineering education. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems 34(1): 78-87. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10286608.2017.1313246.
- Brown C. and Milke M. (2016) Recycling disaster waste: Feasibility, method and effectiveness. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 106: 21-32. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2015.10.021.
- Milke MW., Paul MJ. and Koorey GF. (2015) Transferability of practitioner-focused civil engineering capstone design courses: An analysis for a US and New Zealand approach. Australasian Journal of Engineering Education 20(1): 1-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.7158/D13-008.2015.20.1.
- Prabodanie RAR., Raffensperger JF., Read EG. and Milke MW. (2014) LP models for pricing diffuse nitrate discharge permits. Annals of Operations Research 220(1): 87-109. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10479-011-0941-0.
- Milke MW. (2013) Causal loops for analysis of the social dimension to complex systems. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems 30(3-4): 243-248. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10286608.2013.853751.